Here in Australia the outdoors is such a big part of who we are, that’s why we have created the Australian home necessity - Retractable Fly Screens!
Retractable Fly Screens are an affordable and practical way to keep bugs out and let fresh air into your home. In this blog, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to install our Single size Retractable Fly Screen.
What You’ll Need?
- Measuring Tape.
- Screwdriver or Drill.
- Drop saw with a blade for aluminum cutting - *Only if you are DIY*
- Protective Wear Equipment.
- Ezy Screen DIY kit that
- Retractable Cassette.
- Top & Bottom Tracks.
- Installation Accessories.
Before We Start :
There are a few things to consider
- The architrave layer should have a depth of over 35mm.
- The bottom of the architrave moulding or the floor must be flat or show a depth of over 20mm.
- Check that there are no obstructions.
Step 1: Measure the Door
Before you begin, it’s important to accurately measure the dimensions of your door to the closest mm to ensure the Retractable Fly Screen fits correctly.
Start by measuring the width and height of the opening - We suggest measuring at both ends and in the centre, Considering door handles & locks.
Step 2: Cut The Pieces
At Ezy Screens, our doors come with standard measurements in different sizes - Our Single screen 1.4 x 2.1 & Our Large Single 1.4 x 2.4 If you are DIY you will need to cut this using your Aluminimum blade drop saw. If you chose Cutting Service - Your package will have already arrived to you ready to install, You can head to step 4!
- You will need a Drop Saw with a blade for aluminium cutting to do this. This will ensure that the pieces can be cut properly without causing damage.
Step 3:The Tension Adjustment
Lets check the tension on our cassette, If you had your screen cut by us then your screens tension will be already to go. If you are DIY we will need to adjust this slightly to get the right Retraction you like.
For adjusting it - on the cassette, you’ll find a blank space for the key clock to change: To the right it will Slow the tension down & To the left it will cause a faster Retraction back into the cassette housing.
*Tip: Do a max of 5 circles in the chosen direction.
Step 4: Fasten the Cassette
- Place the cassette piece on one side of the door, opposite to the door lock to avoid obstructions.
- Secure the cassette with a screwdriver or drill using screws on the top and bottom of the door frame. Finish this part by placing the track wheel on the bottom.
Step 5: Slide bottom and top tacks into the Cassette
Now that we have installed the Cassette, Lets install the tracks! (We are almost done!)
- Place and connect the top and bottom tracks, Keep in mind that there is a spacing for them to fit into the cassette part. With both parts slid in, Pull slightly at the top part & easily connect the magnetic strip part that goes opposite to the cassette.
- With the rectangle shape set, pull inside and place into the door frame.
*Tip: The top track is the wider part.
*Remember: Check and verify that the magnetic is in the right direction to create the magnetic attachment.
Step 6: Fasten the Tracks
As part of our DIY kit, you will find our handy screw guide to help you easily add the screws into the tracks to secure them.
- Finally, Secure the Magnetic strip using 4-5 screws.
*Remember: Do not place the screw directly on the magnet strip.
Step 7: Final Steps
- Gently slide your Ezy Screen back & forth along the tracks. Test its movement - Ensure you are happy with the speed of the Retraction on your screen.
- Congratulations! You have installed your Ezy Screen Retractable Fly Screen. We love seeing photos from our customers installations, If you are happy with being featured on our social media please email them over to - Sales@ezyscreens.com.au
Discover the Best Retractable Fly Screens on the Market!
If you are looking for Retractable Fly Screens for your home, You have come to the right place! Here at Ezy Screens, We have Retractable Fly Screens for doors windows. We have easy DIY options or the full Cutting Service & Installation package.
We ship Australia wide. Please email us at - Sales@ezyscreens.com.au for a free shipping quote.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions, we are here to help!